Growth is a paramount aspect of our lives, and as developers, we desire to grow in our code journey.
In this article, I will share various tips that have helped me grow as a developer and I hope you find it resourceful as well.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” - Maya Angelou
- Coding project: taking up a coding project is very important, why? because you get to learn a lot. you get to make research, debug and most importantly understand code structure and technique.
- Read books: not everybody loves reading, but I encourage you to cultivate the habit of reading. Books contain useful information that can enable you to improve more on your skill as a developer.
- Documentation: documentation is a very important tool and I cannot over-emphasize it. Most tools or plugin we use in our project is backed with well-written documentation that contains: installation guide, usage etc. Knowing how to read documentation can also help you grow as a developer.
- Articles: another tip is articles, there are lots of articles out there, that explains whatever challenge you may have.
- Stay updated: keeping up with the latest news and trend with your related programming tools is another tip, why? because it helps you know the latest changes, security fix, tools that are deprecated etc.